Youth League | Denis Goldberg Branch
The ANC Youth League, Denis Goldberg Branch is a vibrant and dynamic branch located in ward 102 of Randburg. Since then, we have participated in all conferences, general councils and various programmes.
Over and above our twin tasks, our key objectives as a branch as mandated by our previous AGM, are to come up with fruitful and productive programmes for youth development, job creation and economic transformation.
- Kalasipo Moenyane – Chairperson
- Sydney Kgokane – Deputy Chairperson
- Thuma Mwandla – Secrertary
- Khanyakahle Biyase – Deputy Chairperson
- Pfumelani Mashaba – Treasurer
- Political Education (Umrhabulo)
- The Youth League has ongoing Political Dialogues (Umrhabulo Sessions) on a regular basis where a number of topical issues and ideas are discussed by a panel of speakers involving stalwarts, government officials (past and present) and other seasoned comrades.
2. Anti-drug activism
- The Youth League of our Branch began an anti-drug activism in 2014, which launched through our much-publicised Anti-Drug much that took place in March 2014. We proceeded to adopt a resolution making provision for links with rehabilitation centres, community forums and the Randburg police in this regard.
3. Gala Dinners and Networking sessions
- The Youth League has held gala dinners since 2014, the purpose of which was, in part, to honour our stalwarts, while at the same time creating networking platforms for our youth. The most notable of this was in honour of the late Mama Winnie Mandela in August 2014 on the occasion of her birthday month, at which she (along with the Mandela family) was in attendance. Also present were business people, state entities like the National Lotteries Commission, entertainment personalities and political office bearers of the ANC.
African National Congresss
4. Workshops and seminars
- We have held various workshops and seminars on leadership, business and politics. Some of these have featured the likes of Yamkela Makhuphula (BMF and PwC); as well as Maurice Radebe (SASOL CEO). We have also, in partnership with BDS South Africa, had a seminar on Israeli-Palestinian conflict, which was also addressed by Denis Goldberg, Bram Hanekom, Obakeng Chikane, Muhamnad Desai and others, giving us deeper insight of this conflict.
5. Voices of Youth Dialogues
- The Youth League has held a series of these dialogues from 2019 to date. Thus far, they have been addressed by Bones Modise (ANC Spokesperson, Gauteng Province); Fasiah Hassan (ANC MPL, Gauteng Province; Jolidee Matongo (MMC of Finance, Greater Johannesburg Region); as well as Malusi Gigaba (Former Minister of Finance).
6. Professional Support Programme
- The flagship programme of the Branch, the Professional Support Programme, was launched at HackleBrooke Conference Centre in April 2016. Through this Programme, the Youth League aims to create a platform for skills development, business/professional mentorships, employment placements and pro bono professional services in law and finance.
YOUTH LEAGUE MATTERS
For meetings, donations, events and general enquiries, kindly contact our branch as outlined below:
Contact Person: Thuma Mwandla, Branch Secretary
Mobile: 083 206 0884
Facebook: ANCYL Denis Goldberg Branch (Randburg)